CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

the little things.


I was driving home from work this afternoon, thankful for the light drizzle that proceeded a downpour minutes before heading to my car. There are a handful of routes I can take to my apartment, but I typically choose the one that avoids the traffic plagued main roads.

It was during this drive that I realized the leaves had finally changed. I've always loved fall in Kentucky, and I'm sure the trees have been showcasing their metamorphosis for weeks. But, life has been so hectic lately that I hadn't noticed.

Now, while driving through an older neighborhood full of large elms and maples, it was hard to miss the brilliant reds, yellows, and oranges gently blowing out of the trees and onto the wet roads. Even on this nasty, rainy day, my drive home was pleasant and peaceful.

I seem to be missing a lot of the little things lately. I went through some unhappy times this past winter, and the spring and summer brought little relief to my aching heart. I'm thankful to admit I'm a much happier girl than a few months ago. Life has become fun, and the loneliness that was a constant friend was replaced by time spent with family, friends, and some interesting new faces. That's not to say things are crystal clear, but I'm at peace with not having all the answers.

I'm glad things are looking up, but I also want things to calm down.

I need to make more "me" time, not to mention allowing myself a good cry ... it's been awhile.

Besides, I'm getting ready to head into the busiest season for us retail slaves, and this gloomy weather invites me to curl up with my cat, a glass of wine, and a book that's begging to be finished.

0 comments: