CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

honestly!!

I have made plenty of mistakes so far in life, especially recently.

But, do my past indiscretions make me less credible to lend advice to a faltering friend?

I find it funny that during the summer when I hit some rough patches (a.k.a. big ass mistakes) my friends encouraged and sometimes forced me to cry on their shoulders. But, now my confidants enjoy throwing those mistakes back in my face, and often times leave me out of moral decision making discussions.

I have cheated on a significant other in the past, and have also been the other woman. While I regret those situations tremendously, they were learning and growing experiences.

I now have a very dear friend who has become involved with a married woman. It has become the hot topic of conversation lately, and I've been trying to stay out of it.

Today, he asked for my honest opinion toward his actions, and honesty is exactly what I delivered.

I told him that being a home wrecker is nothing to be proud of.

His response was that I probably wasn't the best person to be giving advice on infidelity.

Geeez! I may be flawed, but I still know the difference between right and wrong. I want nothing more than to be there for my friends and have always loved them unconditionally. But, I think friendship should also include healthy doses of honesty.

My friends are going to have to start forgiving me for past, present, and future fuck-ups, understand that I bring wisdom and perspective from my experiences, and trust that my honesty comes from love.

If not, I will have to start keeping all my juicy mistakes to myself!

0 comments: