CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

the calm after the storm.

This past weekend was supposed to be relaxing. I had Thursday through Sunday off from work - my last bit of peace before the madness of the holiday season begins.

Unfortunately peace was nowhere to be found. My grandmother has been in the hospital since Friday, and I had to play host to several family members, including a very adorable but hyperactive 2 yr. old (Excellent birth control I might add...)

I love my family and I'm glad we are able to come together when the chips are down. Even so, I will never understand how they always manage to create stress and chaos. Perhaps this is the purpose of the family unit - to keep us on our toes.

Of course, the weekend was not a complete waste! I now know how to jump start a car and also mastered the technique of blowing up air mattresses with a hair dryer (I don't particularly recommend this method ... it caused some sparkage and I blew a fuse which turned the refrigerator off, a fact that was not discovered til the morning after. Oooppps!)

Thankfully, my grandmother is going to be o.k. and will hopefully be going home tomorrow. I am also thankful that most of my family will be leaving this afternoon ;)

She had a heart transplant 10 years ago, and while her new heart is still in tip-top shape, other areas of her health are beginning to falter. She is my last living grandparent, and I can't imagine not having her in my life. Most importantly, she is the glue that holds my crazy family together, and I'm worried that when she is gone we will become disconnected...

At least I get to spend some more quality time with 'em this Thursday. Yay! ... a day filled with screaming kids and a feast to spoil my regime of healthy eating. Oh well.

My poor apartment is now peaceful but in a state of disarray. I decided to take my final sick day today, giving myself a moment to breath and straighten up.

It looks as though my date with R&R will have to wait 'til after Christmas.

0 comments: