CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

going to the chapel.

I am currently trying to drown out the incessant quacking coming from beneath my window. The new place is next to a picturesque duck pond, and occasionally a mob of feathered friends make their way to sleep beside the patio. I only wish they would lose the need to serenade each other before retiring.

Anyways, before heading to slumber, I am making myself sit down for a long overdue post. It's been forever (again..) but what can I say other than I have been a very busy girl.

There are more updates than I have time to share, but I suppose the most important (and somewhat shocking news... as I am still a bit in shock myself), is that I am sportin' a shiny diamond ring on my left hand. Yes folks, I am officially engaged to be married. I have held off on sharing the news here and on the other sites I call home, my only explanation being fear...

I keep thinking the rug is going to be swept out from under my feet... it's hard to accept that I deserve to be this happy. I keep thinking he's going to change his mind and realize how unworthy I am. It would be a shame to scream at the top of my lungs that I am going to be Mr. Him... and then have to take it all back.

Still, everyday I wake up, and he is here loving me just as I am... a silly girl, with more hang-ups, quirks, and fuck-ups than any man should have to put up with. Of course, he isn't perfect, and I wouldn't want it any other way. He never gave up on me, and by the grace of something bigger than the both of us, we found our way back home. Sappy? Yes. Do I care? No. :)

He's out of town for a couple of weeks. I am going a little crazy without him. I forgot how much I hate to sleep alone. Lucy on the other hand loves it, and is currently stretched out on his pillow, happy to have a whole side of the bed to herself. She pricked her paw earlier with my Obama '08 button (it's a good thing cats can't vote, cuz he may have lost one there) hehe... i know, i'm a dork.

This is where I begin to ramble, so instead I will say g'nite and return very soon to share more ground breaking news in the life of c. lou.

buenas noches.

0 comments: