CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

patriots and pot roast. yummy.

Photobucket

Tom Brady + sweaty helmet head + scruffy face = Perfection! ;)

Today I made pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions. Decided it was too yummy not to share, and invited my parents over for dinner and a Patriots game. I wasn't sure I would be able to lure my dad away from his precious widescreen television, but he caved and we spent a fun-filled evening at my apartment.

I love watching sports with my dad. I am the eternal pessimist, and he remains the cool and constant optimist. I'm ashamed to admit I'm always the first to wanna throw in the towel:

"Oh my God, they are gonna lose!!" is my typical outcry, accompanied by pacing and several stomps.

"Sit down, daughter. They are not gonna lose... " is always his stern but calm reply.

He says it like it's written in stone; a sure bet. Of course there have been countless times over the years when he has been wrong (don't tell him that), but when he's right I always like to extend a little credit his way.

I'm not sure how much he enjoys watching games with me though, especially since my mom and I can't help but make repeated references to just how darn cute Tom Brady is. I do believe "yummy" is my favorite word when his face pops onto the screen.

Things have been tough for my family the past several months. So many things have gone wrong, our lives wanting to unravel at the seams. It's been very difficult to keep my emotions in check, but I have remained a constant rock...

Last night was good times... another reminder of how much I love my family.

(And I'm sure the Pats victory over the Giants may have contributed to the above mentioned good times)

photo courtesy of espn.com

1 comments:

Barking Up Trees said...

meanwhile i'm verrrrrrry concerned about jacksonville...